We are currently accepting applications for:
Playcenter Staff — Centralia & Chehalis Thorbeckes
Thorbeckes Athletic Club is hiring! We’re looking for stellar applicants to join our Playcenter team(s) at our Centralia and Chehalis Thorbeckes locations. We’re looking to fill part-time evening, weekend and other regular shifts.
At Thorbeckes, our Playcenter team members are specifically and specially trained staff dedicated to our Playcenter program. We expect our Playcenter staff — and all of our youth program staff — to be our lead advocates for children within our spaces.
Our on-site Playcenters exist as a service to our members and community. We seek to provide parents with a trusted, safe play environment for their children while they workout or otherwise utilize Thorbeckes’ spaces. Each child is limited to 90-120 minutes of total Playcenter per day (depending on age). So, as a Playcenter staff member, you’ll be providing care for a wide variety of children, ages 6 weeks to 12 years old, for various amounts of time throughout the duration of your shift.
- Must be 18+ years old
- We expect you to LOVE kids and have a heart for children
- Empathy for people from all walks of life and fitness levels
- Provide care, supervision and activities for children of all ages
- Ensure that all children and parents adhere to our Playcenter guidelines (written policy)
- Communicate with parents about their children or behavioral issues, as necessary
- To greet every child and parent with a smile and warm welcome to our Playcenter
- Perform routine cleaning items as outlined in our program plan
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You should be comfortable communicating with children
- Playcenter staff should be comfortable working alongside other team members
- We expect you to have a fun, child-friendly demeanor
- Early childhood education, or prior preschool or daycare experience is a plus!
- The ability to play with children of various ages and levels
- The ability to lift up to 30-40 lbs.
- The ability to handle sitting, standing, stooping and kneeling as required for play and communication at a child’s level
*** Please go to Thorbeckes.com and fill out our formal application for employment under “About Us” in the menu. ***
Thorbeckes is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Thorbeckes makes embracing diversity and equal opportunity a focus of our hiring process. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, fitness experiences, health and wellness perspectives, skills, education, and accomplishments. The more inclusive we are as an employer, the more representative we are of our membership and community.